i am Ta'fxkz: Interview with Harsharan

Friday, September 2, 2011

Interview with Harsharan

For whatever it is worth, I was interviewed by this fashion and music blogger Harsharan.


http://harsharanlanda.blogspot.com/p/interviews.html


Harsharan Does An Exclusive Interview With The Very Talented Songwriter & Performer Ta'fxkz', We talk the reason behind his name, his inspiration his current projects and where he sees  himself in 5 years time as well as much more..A very Exciting Read!! Enjoy


Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do? 


I write under the name Ta'fxkz. I understand it is an unpronounceable  name but it also is a fair metaphor for my music because it gives you freedom to pronounce the name any way you choose to do so. 


Q: Describe your Music in 5 words


Wistful Pedestrian Poetry With Attitude 


Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 


Currently I am working on lyrical material for Ananth Menon's solo project. To pay him back for the killer session work and co-producing he did on From Another Morning


Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? 


As a songwriter I see myself writing songs for movies and for other artists
As a performer I see myself performing a hell lot more, in both small and big venues and i want to do it without corporate sponsorship 


Q: Where do you get your inspiration from? 


My inspiration comes from feeling like an outsider and wanting to tell the story my way the way I feel only I saw it unfold. 


Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music? 


I guess both scenes have had their fair share of influence on me, I guess the UK has more of what I like but I wont bet too hard on that.


Q:What Artist do you listen to? 


Nick Cave, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits


Q:Who influences your music? 


Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, The Eagles, The Beatles and Bob Dylan are my earliest influences; i think i have strayed from their path to find myself.


Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words? 


Shorts, Canvas Shoes and Shirts without collars 


Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you? 


Leave me a comment on youtube or soundcloud, chat with me a bit, give me a melody or a chord progression or an idea that cries out to be written into song.

No comments:

Post a Comment